Monday, October 19, 2020

Introduction - A Charles Nelson Reilly Story: Fairy Tale Blank

My second Match Game fanfic took me a LOT longer than expected! I was originally going to do a spy spoof featuring Richard Dawson. I'll likely still do that, but I thought it needed more work. Fairy tales, on the other hand, are something I know well. I thought I could knock this out in a few months...but the craziness in the spring increased my hours at work, and then I broke my elbow in May and moved in July. Not to mention, this story wound up being really big. I wanted to get everyone in and see what I could do with so many different people and characters.

Having focused on Brett in the last story, I thought I'd work with her partner in this one. Even today, Charles is known for his portrayal of oddballs and nebbishes on shows like The Ghost and Mrs. Muir...but for once, he'd like to be a hero. Encouraged by Brett to be "the hero of his own story," Charles dreams himself into a fantasy world where he can save his friends...and prove that you don't need to look like a typical tough guy to be a true hero. 

No comments:

Post a Comment