Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Introduction - The Adventures of the Crimson Hawk

And here it is, after much delay...my first novel! At six months in the making and over 104,000 words, this is my longest completed work to date. I've always loved swashbucklers. I've written them for the TV shows Perfect Strangers and Remember WENN, but this is an even more epic undertaking. The Star Wars franchise already has some elements of old-fashioned, sword-and-pirates tales, as well as Japanese samurai stories. I decided to play up the former, adding in a bit of steampunk with the airships and light guns and odd machines.

Warning - this is neither light reading, nor a quick, easy read. It's 31 chapters and may take a while to get through. If you have time on your hands, I hope you enjoy the tale of spirited Duchess Leia Organa and the dashing bandits she met one fateful summer in Europe, the roguish Crimson Hawk and his ward, the mysterious and kind-hearted Golden Eagle...

No comments:

Post a Comment