Friday, November 4, 2016

Introduction - The Resistance Kids and the Haunted House

This was inspired by and is a homage to the "B" comedy series The Bowery Boys. The series basically involved a group of young adults (they weren't really "boys" by the time the series proper began in 1946) who got into wild adventures while hanging around a soda shoppe in their Lower East Side neighborhood. The group did at least five horror-themed comedies over the years. This one borrows some elements from Master Minds, Spook Chasers, and The Bowery Boys Meet the Monsters, but like the fairy tales I did earlier in the year, it's also something of a Force Awakens retelling.

(This is going to be a good place to acknowledge that - spoiler alert - Han Solo doesn't die here, and probably won't in the next Force Awakens story I  have planned, either. His death fits the story told in the movie, but it doesn't work with a horror comedy or a relatively light fantasy. I may work it into the sequel-based Wizard of Oz story I'm developing. We'll see what happens.)

I enjoyed doing this one so much, I've decided I'm going to take a note from Monogram/Allied Artists/Warner Bros and turn it into a series. I'm hoping to get to The Resistance Kids Go Camping by sometime in December or early January. We'll see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment