Saturday, June 1, 2019

Introduction - The Rebel League and the Death Ray

I was inspired to write this one by several behind-the-scenes photos I've found of the Original Trilogy...and because this was the world the Original Trilogy was released into, and in a way, created. This was also the world of my early childhood – disco, glittering nightclubs, slinky pantsuits, Charlie's Angels in no bras, guys in powder-blue leisure suits, huge boxy cars in shades of orange and brown, gowns based on the 30's or the pioneer era – and I guess I just wanted to get some fond memories out.

This was also inspired by the recent wave of superhero movies. I'm taking inspiration from the superhero and science fiction made between 1977 and 1992 - sometimes wacky, sometimes cheesy, sometimes dark, always fun!

This was originally supposed to be novel-length, but I decided it would be easier to write in parts. Look for part 2, The Rebel League and the Freeze Machine, coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment