Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Introduction - A Star Wars Fairy Tale: New Hope

I have been a huge fan of the original Star Wars trilogy for as long as I can remember. I literally grew up on these films. I got a lot of flack for being a fan during my childhood, though, and I never got up enough courage to write actual fanfiction for this fandom until now. Not to mention, there's already so much good Star Wars fiction out there. I didn't know what I had to contribute.

But then Force Awakens came out...and it re-awakened my interest in this series (along with a mountain of old memories). Suddenly, the ideas were flowing, joining WENN in my brain. There aren't nearly enough Star Wars historical AUs out there, especially based around 20th Century history. I was surprised there weren't more alternative universe stories that made use of the fairy tales and high fantasy inherent in this series' make-up, too. So...I decided to provide them.

This is just the first half of this story. Look for A Star Wars Fairy Tale Part II hopefully sometime next month or in May!

Other Star Wars fanfics I have in development at the moment:

Back to Galaxia (Tentative title - 1980's High School AU)
Tales of the Gold Wookie (1930's Adventure AU)
Superhero Story (1970's Superhero AU)

No comments:

Post a Comment