Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Introduction - A Star Wars Christmas Carol

After last year's Star Wars Christmas fanfic, BB In Toyland, kind of got away from me, I decided I'd try something simpler this year. What could be simpler than one of the most beloved holiday stories in the world? A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens' beloved tale of a miser who learns an important lesson about giving one Christmas Eve, is an old favorite of mine. I read a chapter a day of it every day leading up to Christmas Eve, and have since high school. This is one story I know quite well.

It was also my first time really working with the Prequels characters. In most of my other stories, they're mentioned or are minor characters. Chapter 2 is the first time many of them besides Anakin and Ahsoka are really important in one of my stories. While I still don't love the Prequels like many younger people who grew up with them do, I don't hate them as much as I used to, either. If nothing else, after having enjoyed doing the Past segment in Chapter 2, I might finally be ready to get around to doing the two Prequels stories I have planned, possibly sometime later next year.

At any rate, I wish you all a wonderful holiday season, and I hope you enjoy the story of Anakin Scrooge, and how the ghost of his former boss and three more spirits help him find redemption...and learn just how important charity is for many people...

No comments:

Post a Comment