Sunday, January 29, 2017

Introduction - Cinder-Han

This took a LOT longer than I originally planned! First, Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds died, and I ended up doing two short stories to deal with my feelings. Then I discovered my rent was being increased, not to mention I continue to have financial problems, both of which I discuss in more detail in my regular blog. I also joined Pinterest, which proved to be a huge distraction.

Most of all...this story just ended up being a lot longer than a simple fairy tale. I don't think it came out too horribly, for all the problems I had while writing it. I've seen Star Wars versions of Cinderella that had Obi-Wan as the servant and Qui-Gon as the princely Jedi, as well as Luke/Han and quite a few Finn/Poe. Oddly enough, I've never seen one used for the original Star Wars couple, Han and Leia. Maybe people didn't think of it for them because Leia's nobody's little cinder girl...but what about her swaggering smuggler swain? As with The Girl and the Sorcerer, I thought a gender-reversal was in order. Here, Han is the put-upon servant, while Leia is the dashing royal in search of a groom.

Incidentally, my next project will probably be (finally) The Resistance Kids Go Camping. I'll then either finish the Original Trilogy 30's adventure story I started last year, do the Luke/Han/Leia Snow Queen, or do the Sequel Trilogy Beauty and the Beast. We'll see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment