Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Introduction - A Star Wars Fairy Tale: Empire

May the 4th be with you! It's extremely appropriate that I finished this story today. Star Wars fans celebrate today as a kind of unofficial holiday. The first film in the Original Trilogy opened on this date in 1977, changing everything most people knew about sci-fi, movies, and pop culture!

I just hope I did this story justice. The Empire Strikes Back has been my favorite movie, period, since it first started turning up on cable around 1987. You might say Han and Leia were my first ship, even before I knew how that word could apply to couples. I learned a lot of what I knew as a child about romance from this movie and Jedi. Han, Leia, Chewbacca, and Lando Calarissian are still my favorite characters from the Original Trilogy, and they're all a big part of this story!

Hope you enjoy! Look for the last part, based around Return of the Jedi, later this month or early next month!

Oh, and I updated the Story Ideas page with some new ones, including a darker Original Trilogy fairy tale and a Star Wars-based Christmas fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment