Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Introduction - Lady Leia and the Prince

This novella was inspired by a writing prompt at Tumblr that suggested Leia as a knight who rescues imprisoned Prince Han from a dungeon and helps him rescue the throne from his dastardly brother. I loved the "Leia rescues Prince Han," but the dastardly brother...no. Brought this closer to the Star Wars universe by replacing him with Palpatine. This is also intended to be my version of several popular alternative universe fanfiction strains, including "Padme, Anakin, and/or Obi-Wan raise the twins," "Han/Luke/Leia switch places," and "Leia is trained as a Jedi."

I think I sort of lost this one in the end. It took a lot longer and got far more complicated than the simple "girl rescues boy" fantasy I'd intended! I've had this one in development for a long time. I believe this is actually the third Star Wars fanfic idea I came up with in the spring of 2016 after The Summer Strikes Back and the 30's novel. I was going to do it last winter after Leia and the Old Warlock of the Woods, but then Carrie Fisher died, and I just didn't feel like I was up to it.

Thought it was time to finally clear out some of my older prompts and actually work on this one. Hope you enjoy my first venture into hard-core sword-and-sorcery fantasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment